Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Skif


At the auction we attended last weekend, one of the items auctioned off was an outfit from Skif. If I had realized that it was part of the auction I most certainly wouldn't have bid on 50 POUNDS of sunflower seeds!

If you aren't familiar with Skif, they are a small knitted sweater company here in St. Louis. Their claim to fame is having designed the sweaters for The Matrix and its sequel. All of their designs have a deconstructed, edgy look but I think they are really flattering and fabulous.

Since I didn't get a chance to bid on the outfit at the auction and I won't really be able to afford a Skif sweater anytime soon, I figured I should look into knitting my own. After some online searching I found some Skif patterns here at www.deepsouthfibers.com.

However, I ended up finding some patterns from Cocoknits that have a Skif design feel, look a little easier to knit and I like even better. I have a gift certificate to spend on some yarn so I think one of these sweaters will be my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment