Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Honey


Reis's birthday is coming up in a couple months and I'm not gonna lie, I started planning for it about a month ago, maybe longer. The invitations have been done for weeks.

Since I'm a design junkie I like having a theme for Reis's parties so that I can carry it out through all the details. Andrew and I brainstormed all sorts of ideas but the one that stuck out the most was Honey.

Our boy LOVES honey! It all started with attending the Shining Rivers Waldorf School. Each Friday we go there to play and make bread. When it's time to eat the bread there is always butter and honey. Well, this has started a borderline unhealthy obsession. Many mornings the first word I hear is "Honey?"

The other reason that the Honey theme was so fitting was becasue the theme for Reis's first birthday was watermelon. I like this idea of creating a tradition where each birthday theme is a food. Eventually he can help select what the food theme will be. Ideas we are hoping for in the future are pickles, doughnuts, apples, bacon... the list could go on forever!

Speaking of honey, we got some from Yellowtree Farm as part of our CSA last week. Check it out...it's still in the comb!!





No comments:

Post a Comment