Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Feast in the Field

This past Sunday evening Andrew and I were lucky enough to accompany several friends to a really wonderful event at Claverach Farm; our local Slow Food, Feast in the Field.


The bad news is I am not in good practice of bringing along when camera when I really should. The good news is that another local blogger, Stacy from 'every little thing', did a wonderfully detailed description of the evening. I give her full credit for all of these great pictures. Please go check out her blog for a full description of the event.



My first favorite dish! The first course, Winslow's Jar of Peas, from Cary McDowell of Winslow's Home. Spectacular! Mom, remember when peas were the vegetable I hated the most as a kid? What was I thinking? These peas were from heaven.



My second favorite dish. Fifth course, Anthony Devoti from Five and Clara Moore from Local Harvest Cafe. Garlic braised rabbit saddle and rabbit rillete stuffed grape leaves. Awesome!

The other highlight of the evening was running into our wedding coordinator, Christy Augustin, from 4 years ago! (It really is a small world.) Christy was there volunteering on behalf of Le Cordon Bleu and made THE most amazing bread for the event.

Congrats to all of our friends who planned, organized and worked so hard to make this event happen. You all did a wonderful job! I'm so glad we were able to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment